Sunday 16 November 2008

AWOW: 4

A Week of Wondering (great acronym, eh?) kind of went AWOL for a while there, what with the Melbourne Cup (holiday!) and the election and then a Kenyan public holiday for the election, and what with it being SWOTVAC (or NOTVAC, if we're being entirely honest), and then essays due and a day of cramming and then the exam, and then a day off, and then a day off to recover from giving blood,* and then Saturday off because it's the Sabbath people, and you're not supposed to do anything on the Sabbath. Except rest. Which I dutifully did.

Anyhow, today's question is: are we better off not looking [for answers] at all? Not delving? Not yearning?^

To me, this is like the logic that we're better off not hoping, because without hope, there are no expectations, and without expectations, there are no disappointments. But then, what is there? Hope brings anticipation, excitement, and meaning - without hope, is there any reason to live? Without hope, there is only existence. I believe that we are hopeful creatures by nature, and that is what drives us.

Or maybe I'm just an insanely hopeful person. Also true.

hope Pictures, Images and Photos

This week is majorly messing with my head. I can't believe it's Sunday. It doesn't feel like Sunday, even though we had roast for dinner. It's like I'm stuck in some sort of unidentifiable time warp...oh boy, must be watching too much Supernatural. (But is there ever too much?)

Too much study = rambling.

Good night!

x
JAG

*No, really, I didn't need the day off. It was fine, and it didn't even hurt after.
^TV show?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, there can never be too much of the Winchester brothers. I'm partial to Sam, myself.

Just a girl said...

I heartily agree. And oh! You are a Sam fan, like me. =) What good taste we share. ;-)

x
JAG